Optimum Dental Oral Health
Optimum dental oral health refers to maintainable health of the teeth, the supporting structures, and all the other components of the masticatory system (muscles and joints involved in chewing).
Optimum dental oral health exists when:
- The mouth is disease free
- The teeth are long lasting and easy to maintain
- There is minimum occurrence of periodontal disease (gum disease) and dental decay
- There is a low wear rate of the teeth
- There is harmony of the TMJ (jaw joint) and the occlusal relationship (the way the teeth fit together)