Tooth loss is a fairly common condition in the United States; hence, choosing the best technique to replace lost teeth has been a concern for many Americans. Thanks to advancements in tooth replacement procedures, mini dental implants have been developed to replace missing teeth beautifully and conveniently. This treatment is a great option for people with missing teeth because the procedure mimics both a natural tooth and its roots. Mini dental implants are, therefore, stable and durable tooth replacements that can provide patients with a lifetime of complete, beautiful smiles.
What are Mini Dental Implants?
Mini dental implants are tooth replacements that comprise two parts: the titanium screw and the abutment tooth. The screw will serve as the roots of your tooth while the abutment tooth replaces the tooth that you lost.
The screw is implanted into the patient’s jawbone. Once this screw has osseointegrated with the bone, the abutment tooth can then be attached, to provide you with a great-looking, new tooth. Mini dental implants feel very natural inside the mouth. They are stable, durable and natural looking.
What is the Difference between Mini Dental Implants and Regular Dental Implants?
The difference between mini dental implants and regular dental implants is that the former has much smaller titanium screws than the latter. The diameter of a mini implant ranges from 1.8 to 2.9 mm while the diameter of a regular implant is about 3.65 mm. While both treatments function the same way, mini dental implants require less bone structure than regular implants. Thus, mini dental implants are able to osseointegrate with the jawbone much faster than regular implants. Patients can get their tooth replaced more quickly.
What are the Benefits of Choosing Mini Dental Implants over Regular Dental Implants?
- Patients who are not good candidates for regular dental implants due to insufficient bone mass can take advantage of mini dental implants and experience the benefits. This makes mini dental implants a more accessible alternative than regular implants.
- The process is less invasive than the regular types. This results in faster recovery and healing of the gums after the treatment. This also means less discomfort for the patient.
- The procedure is so much faster than regular implants. Typically, the treatment takes only 1 office visit to complete.
- Mini dental implants are great tooth replacements for small teeth since the implanted screws have a smaller size than regular implants.
- The process is a much simpler, less complex procedure than regular implants.
Visit Dr. Kim C. Norman for Mini Dental Implants in Maryville, TN
Missing teeth need to be replaced for the health and beauty of your smile. The space created by a lost tooth can cause dental problems like gum disease and decay, as well as cosmetic issues like misalignment. Teeth will naturally shift position when there’s a space left by a missing tooth. Replace lost teeth today with mini dental implants. They’re stable, natural-looking, durable, and comfortable inside the mouth. Trust expert Maryville, TN dentist, Dr. Kim C. Norman to perform this treatment safely for you. Call us today at (865) 982-9662!
Image Credit Wikimedia