The following are the beliefs that the dental practice of Dr. Kimberly C. Norman are based upon:
My 13 Rules of Practice
- Dental decay and gum disease are the most common, yet preventable disease known to mankind. (The most common diseases affecting man are: 1. The common cold; 2. Dental decay; and 3. Gum disease).
- I believe dental decay and gum disease are CONTROLLABLE but not CURABLE.
- I believe people want to be free from the pain and discomfort of gum disease.
- I believe people want to be free from the pain and discomfort of decay and sensitive teeth.
- I believe people want to be free from facial pain and headaches associated with decay, gum disease, and malocclusion (teeth that do not fit together properly).
- I believe all patients deserve to be educated in a non-threatening environment relative to the causes, prevention, and treatment of the three primary diseases.
- I believe all patients should be offered preventative and treatment choices that are consistent with their needs, wants, and values.
- I do not believe in manipulating or struggling with patients to get them to do something that they should want for themselves.
- I will not care more for the teeth or health of any patient than they care for themselves.
- I will not rescue patients; I will provide options and opportunities for them to choose the level of care that is consistent with their values.
- I believe all people have the right to choose health, but I also believe that all people have the right to suffer pain and disease.
- I believe people who choose health want a complete and thorough examination a thorough Master Plan for present and future health, and I believe it is my moral and ethical obligation to provide this for each and every patient I am privileged to serve.
- I believe all patients should have an education appointment to completely educate them as to the cause and crippling effect of dental disease.